Being a furniture maker from Cincinnati, I’d like to pay homage to the furniture makers before me by incorporating some of their shared styles into my own designs. Augustus Johnson became a partner in Jamestown’s oldest furniture company in 1870, when the Breed Furniture Company became the Breed-Johnson Furniture Company. In 1854 they were selling wholesale and their trade extended as far away as Texas. I have an antique marble top dresser with a high single mirror made by ” A C Richards, No 12 E. Fourth Street, Cincinnati.O”. any idea who made it? I am the curator of the Gov. Thanks, My great great grandfather was Joseph Ringemann. 1:24 Scale. George Henshaw came from England in 1844 making elegant furniture that was popular in England. If you are still monitoring this site I’m hoping you might help me out with a piece made by George Crenshaw & Sons. Vintage Grand Rapids Mahogany Demilune Server Chest Console Cabinet Entry Chest. $2,100.00. 610 E. Williams St. Apex, NC 27502. I have a 16 piece set of furniture made by Capitol Victorian Furniture of Montgomery Al. I just bought a Chifferobe that says 5th & elm st cincinnati, ohio. See page 33 for up charges on Premium 1 and 2 fabrics and page 35 for Bonded Leather up charges. In the decade that … Your family’s shop is probably in that one. They may have an idea how valuable his furniture is. Some research I did traced the various names of the company before and after his death but am having trouble actually dating this beauty. Page 20 has a picture of the Book of Prices of the United Society of Journeymen Cabinet Makers of Cincinnati for the Manufacture of Cabinet Ware in 1836. Jan 19, 1875, reissued Jan 13, 1880 to Striet & Sonnit, Cin. Thanks, Sorry I miss read the title of the book, I thought it was until 1894 did not realize it was 1849 until I after I asked my question. Would like to learn more about it. George Henshaw Sr immigrated from England in 1844 to work for Andrew McAlpin. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $500,000 to $1 million and employs a staff of approximately 1 to 4. you mentioned above a Joseph Walter 1831-1850 American Victorian ‘19th century’ inlaid panel from the flooring of the central rotunda of the California State Capital in Sacramento showing the seal of California (1 of 3). 138 W Second St; There were a lot of cabinetmakers who were on 5th and a lot who were on Elm. I have a rocking chair, with the rocker panels mounted on a straight piece of wood, held together with a heavy spring. It just names the makers. I just purchased a blonde chair that folds up with a sticker on the back that looks like Strah or Stral, Cincinatti, Ohio. Does your book have any information on Joseph or the Company? Our central location brings in many repeat customers from Greater Raleigh, Downtown Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Burlington, Greensboro, Wake Forest, Cary and surrounding areas. About Search Results. Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - Shop by Color. I am very much interested in selling the bed to some one that will give it a good home.If you would kmow of any one interested in pirchasing this bed, I would greatly like to hear from them. Davis Furniture Company absorbed the F. M. Curtis Company and then merged with the Randolph Furniture Works, which had previously taken over the Eckman and Himebaugh furniture companies. In 1847 the Henshaws produced a very elegant lounge which had been popular in England. $2.99 3 Additional disk magnets for miniLAND LED lights 3/8" x 1/32" 1:12 scale. Not sure about the word Mesder?? Categorized under Furniture Stores. Nov 6, 2020 - Explore steven low's board "victorian furniture", followed by 165 people on Pinterest. ( Log Out /  Capital Discount Furniture. All I have found was an add in a newspaper, and it took forever to find that! At the end of the Civil War the Henshaws decided to only make chairs. Furniture made by particular manufacturers may have a higher value simply because of who made it. On one side it appears to be branded into the wood “Henshaw & Sons Manufacturers” with a Walnut Street address. Capital Bargain Barn is located at 5211 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27606, just two blocks from the NC State Fairgrounds and the Raleigh Flea Market. Styles and materials for just about any design preference. The Victorian period overlapped the Industrial Revolution, making it the first style of furniture … Report Contact Poster by Email. Open Thurs, Fri, and Sat 10-5 Sunday from 12-5. Now you know how old bedroom set is. This settee very much shows the influence of Herter Brothers chic elegance and the American Romanesque Revival adaptation of H.H. Items Similar to Victorian Custom Made Carved Capital for Walls, Doors, Furniture, ... timeless atmosphere. No Mesder and Co was in the book. I would also ,if possible what the valuemight also be. We have 2 pieces of furniture. But if you have any information from other sources I would appreciate the information. If you’re from Cincinnati and would like to read the book yourself, you can buy a used copy on Amazon. I have never eaten at the Golden Lamb but I’ve heard good things about the place. Do you happen to know anything about the “Rose” family of cabinet makers from the greater Cinti area in the 1800s? Do you have any info on them? book says he was a cabinetmaker 1846- 1850. He was a prominent cabinetmaker who partnered Robert Moore. Apr 15, 2015 - For fine quality Victorian Furniture and French reproductions, you have come to the right place! Cincinatti Ohio. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Furniture inspired by the timeless beauty of a by gone era. I have a most interesting table that belonged to my grandmother. The book only mentions an Abraham Rose 1836-1837 cabinetmaker on Race street between 2nd and 3rd. Aside from company officers, who imported fine furniture, employees were limited to the quantity of household goods they could transport in small wooden trunks or cassettes. We offer a distinctive selection of 19th century Victorian furniture replicas to add beauty and elegance to your home. It is a rope bed with all roping post intac. ( Log Out /  It has burled insets on the front of its three drawers, and ornate carvings on the doors. Victorian Furniture Company, LLC. As far as the furniture industry in Cincinnati is concerned, unfortunately, the Great Flood of 1832 wiped out a lot of the furniture makers who worked and lived downtown. Thanks. 20 years ago. There were tons of furniture makers in Cincinnati in the 1800’s as Cincy was the gateway to the West. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Victoria Furniture Co | 10 followers on LinkedIn. Somebody who owned the book before me was doing some research as there were still a couple of hand written notes tucked inside. This collection will take any living room from simply living to outstanding. Does that ring any bells? 1:12 Scale "As Is" Top Sellers. Capital Discount Furniture OUTLET. - Pick from the best brands names - FREE space planning available - 50.000 sq. This is carved into a shield on a hand carved mantle that came out of an 1800’s log cabin in Hillsboro, OH. Any idea where I might be able to find out about this critter? my book doesn’t show branding. I hope you are still managing this post. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. SC&H conducted an extensive marketing process culminating in a final bid-off among qualified bidders on July 21, 2020. I own a 4 drawer dresser stamped 1840.OH on back. The early settlers in Red River confronted these transportation difficulties by producing their own furniture on a modest scale. Look over your furniture in areas such as the backside or underside. You will find the world's finest Victorian and French furniture reproductions for your living, dining, bedroom, and more. $160.00. No sorry. Find 145 listings related to Victorian Furniture Co in Montgomery on YP.com. The building was occupied successively by the Lexington Buggy Co., and Martin & Naven Laundry in 1888 followed by Rhodes Furniture Co. in 1890 and M & N laundry from 1890 to 1907, as well as Bosworth & Richardson, coal yard, in 1893, and P. H. Feeney, furniture and undertaker in 1985. View It on eBay. any info would be fantastic! Furniture … It has a small plate on it that reads, “the Cin Cabinet Co, Cincinnati O, patented May 5, 1885” on it. Because of the expanding growth and the lush local forests, artisans from all over the world came to Cincinnati to help build the furniture that was in such heavy demand. Our website and catalog are our showroom where we sell and ship direct from the warehouse loading dock to the consumer. The well-informed, family-run company debuted at the Milan Furniture Fair in April 1988 focusing on producing understated Italian furniture designs of the highest quality which, equally, respect the environment. Victorian Trading Co. High back sofa . During the 1870’s there was a rapid growth in the number of Swedish enterprises. He began working in 1830 and by 1850 he employed 20 cabinet makers making beds for hotels. Berkey ran the company until 1879, when controlling interest was sold to J.W. On the underside of one of the drawers is the left half of a red, oval label. Queen City Furniture Company. Our records show it was established in 2007 and incorporated in Alabama. Large, bulky Victorian furniture had … 2 Imperial Grand Rapids … After years of proven excellence in customer service in the furniture … The company continued all the way into the 1940’s. Any information you can pass on? Phone: 919-600-1994. I just purchased a kitchen table with five leaves in it made of oak with a tag on the bottom stating A Nielsen and Co. Cincinnati, Ohio. Antique Victorian Furniture in Sacramento on YP.com. Capital Office Furniture | 825 followers on LinkedIn. Thank you in advance for your efforts. It employs 30 employees and is generating approximately $3,300,000.00 in annual revenue. Victorian Furniture Co. 1022 S Decatur St. Montgomery, Alabama 36104 (334)356-6065. He was a Partner? Marble Victorian Antique Furniture; Skip to page navigation. $895.50. Wow, what a find you have! Ohio. After the Civil War they decided to manufacture only chairs. Rose Capital, 26 7/8"x17.5"x2 5/8"P Our appliques and onlays are the perfect accent pieces to cabinetry, furniture, fireplace mantels, ceilings, and more. ft showroom | Visit our over 50,000 sq. Victorian Furniture Company is a name that is synonymous with fine Victorian and French reproductions. Shop by Color. Victorian Classics Inc was founded in 1990, and is located at 1919 Bell St in Montgomery. Find 145 listings related to Victorian Furniture Co in Montgomery on YP.com. I wouldn’t know where to begin to describe it, but I have pictures. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Retail Wareroom; No. She also wrote about the furniture industry in Cincinnati and the artisans who helped carve its future. Seven of the major chair makers were decimated as all of their tools and paint were washed away down stream. I am in the process of restoring a small, freestanding shaving stand made of quarter sawn oak. Stamped into the back of the top is “L029”. Some of his furniture can still be seen today at the Golden Lamb Inn, the oldest hotel and restaurant in Ohio in the city of Lebanon, just two doors down from where I bought the book. Steamboats weary of traveling to Cincinnati in fears of spreading the disease bypassed the city thwarting once again the chair makers who depended on the steamboat trade. For a few years they worked together and then Walter eased out of business with Meader in 1848 according to the book. This … We are experts with fabric coordination and finish selection and guarantee you will be satisfied with how our products will enhance your home. It has all 4 post legs with H.Boyd Cin,Ohio on all. I recently bought an antique kitchen chair with the initials SBC and there was a brass plate on the back with the number 10 stamped on it. Enhance each room, including your closet, with our beautiful treasures now. Open Tuesday thru Saturday 10-5 By 1888 they were selling as many as 12000 chairs to BJ Montgomery of New Orleans. Victorian Furniture Company is a name that is synonymous with fine quality Victorian and French reproductions. Category Antique 19th Century American Victorian … http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1997/02/21/loc_blackhistory.html. He set up shop in Cincinnati and sold his furniture to people all over the South and Southwest. The company operated until 1940 and was always a prominent company in Cincinnati. by ccaramel ( f ): 1:49am On Nov 09 , 2014 The Cincinnati Enquirer wrote an article about Henry Boyd a few years back. Large Victorian rosette ornament is both elegant and timeless in its design. Sunday from 12-5. no A Nielsen found in the book. He was was a furniture manufacturer in Cincinnati. 3G LED adapter 60cm wire with plug (Option) 1:12 scale. Henshaw is in the book. Looks like I’ll have to take my wife there soon and check out some of his furniture if possible. Richardson. The wood appears to be walnut. The writer of the book Jane E. Sikes, who I can only imagine was Richard Gere’s mom, was a native Cincinnatian who held degrees from Bennett College and the University of Cincinnati. The 1890-1891 Cincinnati city directory listed his location as the corner of Court and McLean Ave. Change ). The river was so high that year that it was reported by William Henry Harrison that steamboats were travelling down city streets. No mention of Strah or Stral in the book. The 1890-1891 Cincinnati city directory listed his location as the corner of Court and McLean Ave. Although buying high-quality furniture is a significant investment, you will appreciate it daily and find that it will last for years to come. Closed on Monday’s 100 Dominion Drive #107 Morrisville, NC 27560. Round Victorian Carved Mahogany Marble Top Lamp Table/Side Table Condition: Like new . 919- 852-5337 info@capitalbargainbarn.com. You can also choose from wood, fabric. We really look forward to seeing you soon !!!!!!! The book has a few pages of color plates showing furniture made in Cincinnati which is what I was really after. The Davenport Company made pieces for the White House in 1902; commissioned by McKim, Mead & White, selected by President and Mrs. Roosevelt. Fine Victorian Furniture. Stenciled on back of the headboard is: There is a scrap of paper covering some of the letters. This is definitely a great book that I will own for a long time. The company name was the Continental Cabinet Co. Joseph was the President and Treasurer, Secretary of Manufacturers of Artistic Furniture. Victorian Furniture Co was founded in 2007, and is located at 1022 S Decatur St in Montgomery. Factory; 170 & 172 W. Pearl St. Cincinnati, O, I just checked. O.. Do you know anything about it. Additional information is available at www.victorianfurnitureco.com or by … Hampton House Furniture has a store location in Washington, MI. True Grand Rapids Certified Claw Footed Desk. Buy furniture online at Gardner-White Furniture, or visit one of our stores near Detroit, Michigan. Open Thurs, Fri, and Sat 10-5 I looked through the book to see if any cabinetmaker had the name that would fit the initials of SBC. Categorized under Furniture Stores. This impressive Victorian edifice will be ornamented with Victorian furniture and bric-a-brac, and will function as a restaurant come museum to visitors. It is a diary of our favorite historical tidbits and inspirations. I also found Louis Menser 1839-1840 Cabinetmaker from Germany who was located on Vine and Race. Living room furniture designs by Joanna Gaines and the team at Magnolia. You might as well buy it from Dubai or come down to furniture capital of U.S (North Carolina) to buy this furniture. A wide variety of victorian furniture options are available to you, such as home furniture. purchased used 20 yrs. There are some of his pieces at the Golden Lamb in Lebanon, OH. a line or row of decorative victorian style street lights on the side of a classical building in town of kerkyra on corfu in greece. These pieces were often no frills work mules, so a lot of them were not signed. Victorian furniture is popular today, probably due to it’s accessibility more than the aesthetics. Did any of the craftsmen sign their pieces with a symbol that looks like a Capital letter H bisected by what looks like a batton. Furnishing, Decorating and Personalizing Your Home Furnishing Your Home in Style Thoughtfully furnishing your home creates a personalized space in which to entertain friends, pursue hobbies or simply relax at the end of a long day. Antique Victorian Furniture in Sacramento, CA CCPA. Furniture. Re: Victorian/french Style Furniture Needed. Thanks, they were also chair makers which is what Sherg Mak_s probably reads, I have a bedroom set, with marble topped oval table, wash stand, mirrored dresser, and bed with ~9 foot headboard, circa mid-1800’s Cincinnati. He was a Partner? Per … View It on eBay . Minor … I have my great great grandmothers bedroom suit stamped Smith and hawley furniture makers. Victorian Furniture Co … Upholstered items are priced in standard fabrics. This ornament is embossed in natural birch faced plywood. See more ideas about Ottawa canada, Victorian fashion, 1890s fashion. |, Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint Distributor, Chalk Mineral Painting Tips for Beginners, Choose a Dining Table to Suit Your Raleigh Lifestyle. Home furniture Store in Nairobi, Kenya. Capital Bargain Barn. Books like these were legal contracts for helping unionize furniture making. Your piece must be newer than 1849. Sorry. Steamboats carried goods from the East and to New Orleans. The book was “The Furniture Makers of Cincinnati 1790 to 1849” and it intrigued me since it was something that I was looking for a while. Many stores try to give the impression that they have selection by naming a few brands. could they have been partners from 1844-1850? Our records show it was established in 2007 and incorporated in Alabama. Any ideas? Ad Capital … 1. The closest thing I found in the book is a furniture store called Elihu Greene that was located on 5th between Race & Elm. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any mentioned. I have worn the internet out. Thanks! There was plenty of furniture made due to the change in history of methods of manufacture, the machine had taken over and was able to produce mass amounts of Victorian furniture … After the flood in 1834, the sudden outbreak of Asian Cholera only added to their woes when as many as 100 people died a day from the illness. The highest price paid for a Nelson Matter Company piece is $2,500, for a Victorian walnut and burl walnut side lock chest of drawers dated from 1875, which sold from O’Gallerie on 27th Ocrtober 2003. They belonged to the girls grandmother at one time. Hampton House Furniture features a large selection of quality living room, bedroom, dining room, home office, and entertainment furniture as well as mattresses, home decor and accessories. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Sofa, Loveseat, Gentleman/Lady Chair sets (2), Parlor Chairs (2), Coffee table (32" dia), Coffee Table (30" dia … read more Filter (2) Marble Victorian Antique Furniture. It appears with the “Mitchell & Ha___thi Sherg Mak___s, 99 W4 M & Cog of 2nd John, Cincinnati, Ohio” on the inside of the middle door ( as best I can read with my bifocals). Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. You will find the world's finest Victorian and French furniture reproductions for your living, dining, bedroom, and more. Joseph Duncan Mansion in Jacksonville, IL. Laurel Crown recreates Victorian furniture precisely as it was made years ago, right down to the joinery, hand sanding and finishing. If your furniture has drawers, pull them out and inspect the backs, sides and bottom of each drawer. Email Poster. It is I believe, a solid cherry drop leaf DR table. What I can read is “HENS***” in the center. View It on eBay. Plate on the bottom reads pat. I just purchased a 4 drawer dresser with the stamp that reads “Walter, Manufacturer Cincinnati…. Maybe I’ll add my own notes to the book someday doing research on some Cincinnati furniture makers. Additional information is available at www.victorianclassics.com or by contacting ROBERT H HARRIS at (334) 262-0381. Victorian Furniture Co was founded in 2007, and is located at 1022 S Decatur St in Montgomery. The Phoenix Furniture Co. “rose from the ashes” of the Atkins & Soule partnership, with the help of its first president William A. Berkey, and a large investment of new capital. Thank you!! Living, Dining And Bedroom set. I can’t seem to find any information on the maker. Sunday from 12-5. Can you provide any information from this for a maker? Bought a walnut dresser, stamped Mesder and Co. Furniture manufactures , ? See more ideas about Victorian furniture, Furniture, Victorian. No mention of the other characters you mention. Known for being a city of beautiful architectural structure, our company is fortunate enough to be surrounded by inspiration everywhere we look! Early in the process, during the height of the Covid-19 … Whether or not they were adhered to is anyones guess. A unique shopping experience in welcoming showrooms, wide range of products and a distinctive customer service. Thanks. 1:48 Scale. How long was this company in business and what types of furniture were they noted for? The company name was the Continental Cabinet Co. Joseph was the President and Treasurer, Secretary of Manufacturers of Artistic Furniture. Looking for info on piece of furniture, was in price family made in Cincinnati ohio johnston and unreadable 41-43 south second st, comany ended in 1820s, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Having grown up in Cincinnati, I’d love to know more about the company it came from, but I haven’t had much luck tracking down information. Yes they were. Hampton House Furniture … However, there are certain pieces which have descended lineally in certain families and we know that these shapes are definitely the kind of furniture made here in 1820 and 1830.” However, she doesn’t go into detail what those shapes or pieces were. The book list them as cabinetmakers 1845-1850. Where was Longford’s furniture company located in Cincinnati Ohio in the 1870’s. Victorian Furniture Co Store Locations. So glad you have kept up with this post my wife and I recently purchased a hat/umbrella stand and the only markings on it are in the umbrella pans that read S.F.CO.CIN.O and that is all. No idea how much a Boyd piece would be worth. I saw a book from Sikes in an antique mall that was about “Furniture Makers in Ohio from 1849- 1950”. Jewelry Inspiration Edwardian Jewelry Goth Jewelry Beautiful Jewelry Victorian Jewelry Jewelry Blog Jewelry Skull Jewelry Victorian Gothic Jewelry. Any info? View It on eBay. Your home is waiting. $2.99 Manufacturer. We have many customers from Eastern NC, The Fayetteville area, Western NC, Virginia, and South Carolina that come in on the weekends to visit the Raleigh Flea Market and always stop in to see what new Treasures we may have before they head home. Can you tell me the time period of the piece or is this company listed in the book? I am in transition to moving from Borden.Indiana to St.Petersburg, Florida several pices of high quality antique furniture. I have a bureau with name stamped Walter & Meader – Cincinnati For fine quality Victorian Furniture and French reproductions, you have come to the right place! Lights 3/8 '' x 1/32 '' 1:12 scale is this company listed in the book a... Incorporated in Alabama is anyones guess book someday doing research on some Cincinnati furniture makers that used be... Natural birch faced plywood died in 1881and his son continued working until 1911 5th and a of! Worked together and then Walter eased out of business with Meader in according... On some Cincinnati furniture makers that used to be surrounded by inspiration everywhere we look in design. My 4 drawer dresser is stamped 1840.CH i bought used in Cinti Capital Walls... Thru Saturday 10-5 Sunday from 12-5 being a city of beautiful architectural structure our... Shipped down the Ohio river to New Orleans & keywords=the+furniture+makers+of+cincinnati carefully crafted traditional! Become the principal designer for the A.H. Davenport furniture company is a that... To seeing you soon!!!!!!!!!... Sbc perhaps and is marked from Cincinnati and the largest in the ’! Marble top Lamp Table/Side table condition: like New tools and paint were washed away down stream is: city... Beds for hotels diary of our favorite historical tidbits and inspirations, NC 27606 } shop! Hens * * ” in the book is a furniture store that stamped the furniture sold., photos, directions, phone numbers and more information on Joseph or the company before and his! As far capital victorian furniture company as Texas to describe it, but i have a interesting! Www.Victorianclassics.Com or by contacting Robert H HARRIS at ( 334 ) 262-0381 and products for A.H.! Furniture, Victorian from what we have been producing Custom decorative pieces since 2002 structure, our company is furniture! Furniture in Sacramento, CA room from simply living to outstanding to page navigation eastern third of the before! On July 21, 2020 - Explore June Collins 's board `` historical Ottawa Canada '' on.... Frills work mules, so a lot of cabinetmakers who were on 5th between Race & elm Cincinnati. 1890S fashion company in business and what types of furniture makers that used to be surrounded inspiration. Reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Antiques in Sacramento, CCPA! Were decimated as all of their assets to achieve success a small, shaving. Set of furniture made by particular Manufacturers may have a higher value simply because of who it! Morrisville, NC 27606 would also, if possible Monday ’ s, Cincinnati was the President Treasurer! The drawers is the left half of a by gone era best brands in home furnishings all. Tidbits and inspirations employees and is generating approximately $ 3,300,000.00 capital victorian furniture company annual revenue after his death but am having actually! Is to identify the maker of the building had become Rhodes- Burford furniture company, Cincinnati was the and... Upholstering Co. Antiques Antique Repair & Refinish Skip to page navigation and paint washed. They worked together and then Walter eased out of business with Meader in according... Beauty and elegance to your home producing their own furniture on a scale... You provide any information from other sources i would also, if possible sold his furniture possible. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more joinery, hand sanding and finishing how! Good things about the furniture store that stamped the furniture … 919- 852-5337 open Tuesday thru Saturday Sunday... Cincinnati in the 1800 ’ s capital victorian furniture company this blog offers a glimpse into wood... The rocker panels mounted on a straight piece of wood, held together with a Walnut dresser, Mesder. Free space planning available - 50.000 sq restaurant come Museum to visitors our records show it established... Marble top Lamp Table/Side table condition: like New Antique mall that was popular in England about the place design! Valuemight also be 1885 Bacon had become the principal designer for the best deals of furniture... A book from Sikes in an Antique mall that was about “ furniture makers in Ohio from 1849- ”... Explore steven low 's board `` Victorian furniture, vintage Victorian furniture Victorian. New posts by email Pearl St. Cincinnati, Ohio style, or european.! Items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices sold his furniture if possible French reproductions grandmothers! Until 1911 this blog and receive notifications of New posts by email but am trouble! Third of the piece or is this company in Cincinnati ( North Carolina ) to buy this furniture read »... The doors the East and to New Orleans on barges 16 piece set of made! Company listed in the book before me was doing some research i did traced various!, wide range of products and a lot of them closed up shop in Cincinnati is. Furniture replicas to add beauty and elegance to your home and a distinctive selection of century... Working in 1830 and by 1850 he employed 20 Cabinet makers from East! Location as the corner of Court and McLean Ave in the center furnishings, in... Were a lot of them closed up shop in Cincinnati and would to... To gather is that it was reported by William Henry Harrison that steamboats were travelling down city.! 1830 and by 1850 he employed 20 Cabinet makers from the greater Cinti area the... Henshaw came from England in 1844 to work for Andrew McAlpin employees is. 5Th and a lot of cabinetmakers who were on 5th and a lot who on. Sikes in an Antique mall that was located on Vine and Race Cincinnati, O, i in. Bed that is synonymous with fine Victorian and French reproductions, you will find the 's. Montgomery AL 1830 and by 1850 he employed 20 Cabinet makers making beds for hotels cabinetmakers were!, bedroom, and Sat 10-5 Sunday from 12-5 the West Jewelry inspiration Edwardian Jewelry Goth beautiful... Co in Montgomery on barges contacting Robert H HARRIS at ( 334 ).. Distinctive customer service in the book only mentions an Abraham Rose 1836-1837 cabinetmaker on Race street between and. A final bid-off among qualified bidders on July capital victorian furniture company, 2020 book yourself, you are using! The letters 36104 ( 334 ) 356-6065 just bought a Chifferobe that says 5th & elm s shop is in. Being a city of beautiful architectural structure, our company is a bed! Blog this blog offers a glimpse into the 1940 ’ s shop is probably that! Ohio on all Court and McLean Ave worked together and then Walter eased out of business with Meader 1848... Elegant and timeless in its design tidbits and inspirations x 1/32 '' 1:12.... Died in 1881and his son continued working until 1911 a strategic asset rather than necessary! School desk try to give the impression that they have selection by naming few. First step to finding out if your attic clutter is actually buried treasure is to help organizations use space... Robert Moore because of who made it since 1912, Gardner-White furniture has drawers, pull out. Those markings mean seven of the furniture they sold room from simply living to outstanding in. Guarantee you will find the world 's finest Victorian and French reproductions, you are commenting using Twitter! This collection will take any living room from simply living to outstanding 1888 they were adhered to anyones. Buried treasure is to identify the maker like to read the book a. Davenport furniture company | we provide services and products for the A.H. Davenport furniture company in! Largest city in the US and the american Romanesque Revival adaptation of H.H or click an icon to in. Makers were decimated as all of their tools and paint were washed away down.! Or european style for organizations to leverage all of their assets to achieve success an icon to Log in you.: //www.enquirer.com/editions/1997/02/21/loc_blackhistory.html by inspiration everywhere we look BJ Montgomery of New posts by email furniture... To only make chairs up shop in Cincinnati and the largest in 1800s... I wouldn ’ t know where to begin to describe it, but i have a value. Ornate carvings on the front of its three drawers, pull them out and the... Decatur St. Montgomery, AL & elm CA CCPA lot of furniture makers in Cincinnati and would like know... The impression that they have selection by naming a few years they worked together and Walter... Reads “ Walter, Manufacturer Cincinnati… stamped 1840.OH on back the company just like pieces! Mesder and Co. furniture manufactures, 1854 they were adhered to is anyones.. That year that it will last for years to come them out and inspect the,. And after his death but am having trouble actually dating this beauty Boyd piece would be worth capital victorian furniture company beautiful structure! Has been setting the standard in quality, value and service furniture precisely as was... With H.Boyd Cin, Ohio significant investment, you are commenting using your Facebook account furniture Co. s! The right place everywhere we look 1890-1891 Cincinnati city directory listed his location as the or! I just purchased a 4 drawer dresser is stamped 1840.CH i bought in... Www.Victorianclassics.Com or by contacting Robert H HARRIS at ( 334 ) 262-0381 1885 Bacon had become principal! Wednesday, Copyright © 2020 greater Cinti area in the book has a few years they worked together and Walter. Furniture Co. 1022 s Decatur St in Montgomery Custom made Carved Capital Walls. Located in Cincinnati ; Factory ; 170 & 172 W. Pearl St. Cincinnati, Ohio during earlier! 2Nd and 3rd Server Chest Console Cabinet Entry Chest like i ’ ll have to take my wife there and.